Liechtenstein: Travel to the Tiny Princedom
Liechtenstein is called the jewel at the pulse of Europe. The country is like a page turner novel, very interesting and exciting; you cannot put it down.
It is squeezed between Switzerland and Austria which offers skiing, wine tasting, bird reserves and a lot more. The map of Liechtenstein has summer and winter view for the travelers to be guided according to the weather. When you examine the map, you will find out how small the country can be, but it is worth paying a visit. Tourists usually go here after traveling around Switzerland and Austria.
Considering that Liechtenstein is only about 62 square miles, town hopping activities would not be a big deal as the car rental services are amazingly cheap.
Liechtensteiners are mostly Alemannic , some of them are Italian, and Turkish. In terms of Religion, the majority of them are Roman Catholic, some are Protestants and the other small percentage has different religions. Most people speak German and others are Alemannic.
5 Best Destinations to Travel Liechtenstein
- The Prince of Liechtenstein’s wine cellars – First in line is the best wines and incredible hospitality which makes it the best wine tasting experience you can never forget. There are signs around the vineyard displaying how the grapes are made from a vine to wine. Their wines are simply fit for a king which is a perfect gift to someone really special. The wine cellars are located in its capital city called Vaduz. They are open from Mondays to Saturdays.
- “Visiting Vaduz with Goethe” – This activity is quite an experience if you are a literature lover. Walking in an author’s footsteps is something as good as paradise. The experience trail takes each visitor on a journey through culture, art, history, architecture and gastronomy.
- Birka Bird Paradise- Witness the rare bird species from across the globe which includes macaws, amazons, parakeets, peacocks, parrots, and baby birds. There are rare amphibians and plants on the display. Every visitor is encouraged to experience this one-of-a-kind nature experience. The facility is always open and admission is completely free.
- The Galina factory- This place gives a chance to every visitor to personally see falcons, eagles, eagle-owls and hawks up close.
- Malbun Ski Resort – Malbun is the key ski resort of Liechtenstein which has ski and snowboard schools. Every ski enthusiast, from beginners to advance will enjoy the experience. Aside from skiing, the resort also features hiking and mountain climbing opportunities.
There are other cool places to visit outside the town and more information about such places can be found at the Liechtensteinn tourism board official website. To sum up your visit in Liechtenstein take a walk around the city and socialize with Liechtensteinns. You will realize they are all passionate about their country and are receptive than most other nationals across the entire continent of Europe.
Weather and Climate
When you travel Liechtenstein it is important to learn its weather. Although summer is always perfect to visit the country, it is also a promising place to visit during winter if you are into skiing. Liechtenstein has a temperate, alpine climate with warm and wet summers and mild winters. The average temperature of the country ranges from -1 degree Celsius in the month of July and the average precipitation every year is 1,000 mm and is evenly distributed the entire year.
Clothes that are medium weights with lightweight are best during summer. Heavy weights or warmer clothes are worn during winter and waterproofs are necessary over the entire year. Whether you go to Liechtenstein just to have an additional stamp on your passport, the country has as much to offer in terms of tourism. Next time, add up Liechtenstein on your Europe getaway list.
Facts About LiechtensteinLanguage:
160.475 sq km 61.960 sq miTime Zone:
All European Countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- United Kingdom